Architen Landrell is at the forefront of tensile architecture innovation. We are always looking for talented, motivated, energetic people from various fields of work and backgrounds. Think you have what it takes?
Computational Structural Engineer
Confident, industrious, approachable, passionate, logical, technical and fun – is this you? If so, keep reading…
Architen Landrell is looking for a Computational Structural Engineer to work with our Head of Design and the company’s young and forward-thinking team. We work with some of the most exciting companies in the world, building inspiring and innovative structures.
As a specialist subcontractor in the construction sector, we collaborate with architects, engineers, main contractors and creative influencers to deliver everything from stadium roofs to inflatable cows, with a generous sprinkling of rock and pop to keep us on our toes!
Every day is different but generally you will:
- Use Grasshopper to analyse, develop and output engineered design details
- Perform structural calculations
- Produce drawings, reports and specifications
- Assist on projects where the use of computational methods allows optimisation of design
- Support the sales team with initial engineering and development of value engineering options
- Be able to work using your own initiative on technical aspects of structural engineering design
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and show pride in the work produced
- Manage time on projects to suit deadlines and complete your assigned tasks as stipulated by the Architen Project Manager
- Liaise with clients, architects and collaborators, representing Architen at project meetings where required
What we need from you:
- An accredited degree in Structural Engineering
- Expertise in parametric design and scripting using Grasshopper, as well as AutoCAD and Rhino
- A portfolio which shows that you have creative thinking, flair and technical skills, illustrating the ability to produce complex engineering designs and manage complex geometries
- An understanding of national and international design codes and technical guidance
- Excellent spoken and written English
- The ability to explain complex engineering principles in plain language, verbally, in writing and through sketching
- An aspiration to work in one of the most creative industries in the architectural world
- A positive attitude and a desire to work in a demanding yet sociable environment
We believe that the best work is produced in a collaborative, creative environment so whilst we have a flexible attitude to office/home working, we’d like you to be in the office at least 3 days a week.
Salary by negotiation
Please apply in writing by e-mail attaching your current CV to email@example.com